Mira Erda is a professional karting and formula racer from vadodara, Gujarat. She owns a track in Gujarat named Erda’s Speedway. She is an inspiration for many young girls.
Mira began racing when she was nine years old. Her first race came after just 25 days of training as she competed in the 2010 JK Tyre National Rotax Max Championship in India. Later that year, she participated in her first international race at the Plus Yamaha SL International Challenge in Malaysia. She managed her first podiums and race wins in 2011, also winning the award for Best Improved Driver of the Year. Through consistent performances, she made her way to the JK Racing Championship 2014 to become the youngest Formula 4 woman driver. Continuing to improve every year, Mira became the Formula 4 Rookie Champion of the Year 2016 and was honored by FMSCI, the governing body for motorsports in India, with the Outstanding Woman in Motorsports award. In 2017, she became the first Indian woman to race in the Euro JK series, one of the highest classes of Formula racing in India.
Mira took part in SEA Formula 4 championship 2019 at Malaysia, India and achieved Top 6 position among all participants and achieved 1st podiums in women’s category in 6 races, becoming first girl to achieve international trophy too,
Mira participated in Jk Tyre racing championship 2019 and achieved Top 8 th position in championship with 1st in women’s category in India.
In 2019 “X1 league ” a one of a kind regards Motorsports event like IPL, Kabaddi league started having Total 6 Franchise Teams with 30 Drivers including 12 international Men and Women racing drives, 6 indian international and 12 indian drivers, to race in a 2 rounds championship, And Mira selected for this to and become the first girl to be a part of most important event of Indian Motorsports in 2019.
Some Questions :
What makes an excellent racing driver?
- Well according to me the one who knows their car the best and who focuses on working on their driving skills and consistency all the time is someone who can make an excellent racing driver.
What is your most memorable moment as a driver?
- When I was 12 and got the first ever win of my career. After starting last and still managing to make a huge lead and win the race.
What has been your greatest accomplishment to date?
- I would say when i got my 1st ever international podium last year in F4 was a huge deal for me.
What are your tips on braking, accelerating and turning?
- I would say one should really find the balance between the pressures and the braking and acceleration points should be the same every lap.
Do you enjoy racing with female drivers or male drivers?
- There is no such thing as male or female drivers for me. For me everyone is my competitor on track and friends off track.
Have people underestimated just because you’re a girl?
- I would say no. I have always got the support from people around me and my competitors don’t underestimate me because I’m a girl. Because i let my actions talk for myself.
Any message you’d like to give during this tough time?
- I would say this is the time that we have got to plan out our ways for future. Make use of this opportunity and find out your interests.